0

Thing 11: Mentoring

Monday 23 July 2012

Mentoring is a great thing that everyone should participate in. I was lucky enough to get into the mentoring program at McGill University through one of the associations and got to meet a wonderful mentor. She talked to me all about her career path and work. She brought me along to get hands on experience selecting books from a bookstore showroom and set up a day where I got to meet with her fellow library managers to ask them about their work and insights about career development. It was a great experience that I really appreciated! I also have a few unofficial mentors that I have asked for advice from about career development. I really appreciate all their time and thoughtfulness!

In turn I have given advice to peers in school when I could. I have also passed along useful information to those who would benefit from it, like a great job opportunity that was perfect for the person. Overall, I think mentors are a great thing. In the future, I plan on not only benefiting from my mentors, but also being a great mentor to others.

0 Responses to "Thing 11: Mentoring"