0

Thing 7: Real-Life Networks

Monday 18 June 2012

 I have been involved with the student association McGill's Multilingual Children's Library Association (MCLA). This was a great opportunity to get involved with some real library work with Children! Not only was I able to grow professionally, but also got to spend time with these children and brighten their day with great stories and activities. I also have been able to grow professionally through associations that had chapters in the school (CLA, SLA, & ABQLA) and their great workshops and presentations that were provided for the local librarians and students. From one of these associations at school I was able to participate in a mentoring program which allowed me to get a in depth view of how a public library works and the different kinds of work done, along with the benefits and challenges of public libraries. I also got to meet so many nice people!


I have also joined the CLA, SLA, and other associations that enabled me to attend other presentations and webinars. These were great opportunities that I enjoyed immensely. I do love these events! Next on my list is to attend conferences & unconferences. I find the aspect of conferences & unconferences exciting and scary. I want to see and hear everything, but am a bit shy so I am also scared about the idea. And one day I would love to present!

0 Responses to "Thing 7: Real-Life Networks"