0

Thing 3: Consider your personal brand

Monday 11 June 2012

Name Used:  Here I am pretty consistent, as I use the same name across the board. Except on this blog where I just my first name. There may be problems with my name as there is at least one lady in the States and another in Britain with my exact name (minus the middle name, which I really don't use my name is long enough as it is!). (see below for further elaboration)

Photograph: The pictures I use are current pictures of me that I took in the Spring. They are a professional and I quite liked how it turned out :) I do not use my picture on all web tools as I feel that I do not need to. If someone wants to see a picture of me it is available through Linked-In easily enough, which I link to where I can.

Professional/Personal Id: These I intend to keep separate. My Facebook account is just for fun. Though I have many library school friends on FB and we do talk library stuff :) My Linkedin account and Blogging are for professional. Intermingling my personality and likes into the later is of course intended but I prefer to keep some things private. I rarely write anything personal on FB anyways either. It's more of a quick see what going on with friends link.

Visual Brand: Well at the moment I only have these 3 things going on and they all have their own interface design. However, I take note of the great tip by those running CPD23 to keep everything related and consistent. Thanks!
  -- I am recently working on an ePortfolio and am continuing to incorporate a similar design and color to keep it consistent with one another.

Activity: Well I did this one a while ago to see what I would come up with. This is how I found out about the lady in Britain with my name! I knew about the lady from the States through FB, I was trying to find myself for a friend  on FB to become friends and could not (my security settings were really high!) and I found this lady who obviously wasn't me. Which could definitely be confusing for those trying to find me! The first page of results on my Google search found my Linkedin and FB info and even a poster for a presentation I was in 3 years ago for my Undergrad. Though there were the other 2 ladies mentioned as well, problematic indeed. Thankfully, they are in other occupations and countries so the confusion isn't too great...unless you didn't know anything about me..hmm, something to work on!

0 Responses to "Thing 3: Consider your personal brand"