0

Thing 15: Attending, presenting at and organising seminars, conferences and other events

Saturday 17 November 2012

I have only recently begun to attend conferences and I have enjoyed them immensely. Before conferences I have attended many webinars which I found very interesting. I like how easy they are to join and the convenience of being able to attend them from home/work. 

My first conference was Library 2.012, a great conference about so many topics. The best things about the conference is that it brings together so many different librarians from all over, large variety of topics, it's free, and you can attend from home. 

The first conference I attended in person was Access 2012. I was fortunate enough to be a volunteer for the conference and got to help out. It was a great experience and I loved every minute of it! The topics were all so interesting but a few presentations did stand out to me and really inspired me. My favorite of all the presentations was "A Library in a Box" by David Fiander. There are so many ways that this could be used! It's a great idea for small libraries or even archives to be able to distribute their own documents and public domain materials.

I have yet to present at a conference, a goal for the future!!

0 Responses to "Thing 15: Attending, presenting at and organising seminars, conferences and other events"